"We all have reservoirs of life to draw upon of which we do not dream.”
William James (1842-1910), philosopher and "Father of American psychology"
The resources listed below have been curated from a seminar that I've taught to graduate students at Carnegie Mellon called Grit and The Path to Superhuman Performance as well as what's directly benefitted my outlook and results in a tangible way. Some of them have withstood the test of time while others teeter on the cutting edge of modern science and technology.
Feel free to suggest books, articles, or any other resources that work for you via Facebook or Twitter!
DISCLAIMER: I’m not a medical doctor, nor do I play one in the classroom, on my podcast show, on this website, or anyplace else. You're in charge of you so experiment freely but thoughtfully, and please speak with a medical professional before doing anything that you think might adversely affect your health and well-being.
Get Healthy, Train Smart, Go Hard
Get Tougher, Grittier, and More Resilient
- The Key to Success? Grit. (Angela Duckworth TED Talk)
- 5 Characteristics of Grit: How Many Do You Have?
- Complete the Grit Gauge™ Assessment
- Complete the Energy Profile Assessment (from the Johnson and Johnson Human Performance Institute)
- Fitness and Nutrition Strategies to Help Your Mental State (from The Recovery Village)
Get Better, Get More Done, and Find Your Mojo
- Take the Morningness-Eveningness Questionnaire to Find Out Your Peak Productivity and Sleep Times
- The Science of Sleep: What Happens During the Five Stages of Your Sleep Cycle?
- How to Get a Deep Night's Sleep
- Can Sleep Help You Lose Weight?
- 11 Tweaks to Your Morning Routine Will Make Your Whole Day More Productive
- 15 Habits That Will Totally Transform Your Productivity
- Boost Your Productivity With These Scientifically-Proven Hacks
- The Complete Guide to Workout Nutrition
- 27 Health and Nutrition Tips That Are Actually Evidence Based
- 6 Important Things to Know About How Your Brain Learns
- 14 Tips For Learning Any Skill Incredibly Fast
- How Meditation is Good For Your Health
- 5 Tips For Finding Flow
- Live Life at the Limits: How to Hack Your Flow